Yezidis, an ancient community on the verge of extinction, is facing from ISIS one of the worst genocides of the 21st cenury. Here are some facts about the atrocities on Yezidis:
1. This community which once upon a time was 23 million is reduced to one million.
2. Thousands are trapped in the mountains with no food or water..
3. About 7,000 Yezidi girls, aged between 9 and 35 years have been taken captive by the ISIS.
The objective of this campaign is to provide immediate relief to the Yezidi community. The donations from this campaign will contribute towards:
– Providing food, winter clothes, tents, medicines, hygiene kits and other relief material to the Yezidis in the IDP camps.
– Providing trauma relief to the traumatized victims.
– Setup of toilets and bathrooms (subject to approval of the proposal)
– Providing integrated educational training to help Yezidi students at the camp.
– General awareness campaign to spread the word and provide more help to Yezidis.
1. IAHV has reached out to more than 2000 families in the Yezidi camps providing food, water and hygiene products.
2. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, peace ambassador and humanitarian has urged the governments of Europe, the US and India to save the Yezidis trapped in the Sinjar mountains.
2. IAHV along with few NGO’s in Iraq have collected 110 tons of food supplies, winter clothes and tents to be delivered to Yezidi refugees on Sinjar mountains.
3. Sri Sri will be conducting a worldwide meditation/prayer program on the 15th of November for peace in Iraq.
4. IAHV will hold a Peace conference in Kurdistan this month. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar will be addressing the conference and also will be visiting some relief camps.
5. IAHV has proposed the establishment of an integrated educational program in the province to help the Yezidi students at the Camp and outside it, therefore needing stationery for the students.
6. IAHV is working with the government to provide training in trauma relief to the counselors attending to the victims of rape and torture.
IAHV is a 501(c)3 nonprofit humanitarian organization founded by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. In partnership with the Art of Living Foundation, its been working in Iraq since 2003 and has provided trauma relief to more than 10,000 people, vocational training (computers and tailoring) to more than 4000 women, advanced career training in finance to 250 women, leadership training to 50 youth, 70 community leaders and government leaders.
– IAHV is a BBB accredited charity.
– IAHV is in consultative status with ECOSOC of United Nations since 2002.
– All contributions are fully tax-deductible.
IOther Ways You Can Help
Ø Please post this campaign link to your Facebook page and ask your friends to donate for this cause
Ø After making donation please use the tool to share it on your Facebook page.