Maria Wirth is a German and came to India for a holiday after finishing her psychology studies at Hamburg University. She visited the Ardha Kumbha Mela in Haridwar in April 1980 where she met Sri Anandamayi Ma and Devaraha Baba, two renowned saints. With their blessing shecontinued to live in India and dived into India’s spiritual tradition, sharing her insights with German readers through articles and books. For long, she was convinced that every Indian knows and treasures his great heritage. However, when in recent years, she noticed that there seemed to be a concerted effort to prevent Indians (and the world) from knowing how valuable this ancient Indian heritage is, she started to point out the unique value of Indian tradition.
My book got ready just in time for the Dehradun Litfest.
If you like my articles, I am sure you will also like the book. It has 46 chapters and some 30 b/w photos in the text. I will copy the table of content after the links.
It’s available in India for Rs 499. Signed copies are also available.
For a gift pack of 5 there is a 20 per cent discount (separate link)
Since it is not yet available on Amazon.com (it is coming i am told), the publisher will send it abroad, too. Please contact adm@
In India, it is now available with the publisher Garuda Prakashan, on Flipkart and on.
Here are the 4 links
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07LDQVYFX?ref=myi_title_dp (Amazon charges Rs 50 extra for shipping)
Thank you India
A Western Woman’s Journey to the Wisdom of Yoga
By Maria Wirth
- with Osho in Pune and Kriya Yoga
- in the jungle and Swami Vivekananda
- Encounter with a 300 year-old Sadhu: Devaraha Baba
- Nobody there behind those eyes of Anandamayi Ma
- Atmananda, a woman from Austria
- Rishikesh and Yamunotri in Himalaya
- God – who is that?
- Love in India
- Sri Aurobindo and Auroville, the city of the future
- A conference on modern science and India’s wisdom
- The perfect missionary – Swami Chinmayananda
- A beautiful youth – Babaji of Haidakhan
- Abdullah’s death
- Born again and again
- The Dalai Lama’s home in India
- In favour of the wandering monk: Kumbh Mela
- Ramlila in Varanasi
- Ayodhya – the birthplace of Ram
- Ramana Maharshi and the most important question
- Miracles, faith and hope: with Satya Sai Baba in Puttaparthi
- No proof, yet fully convinced
- Light and its shadow
- Murder in the temple
- Intimate with the Avatar
- Karunamayi’s motherly advice
- Shantivanam – a Christian ashram
- A coffee planter guru in Kodagu
- “Don’t think!” – Poonja‘s good, difficult advice
- Life in Kodagu
- Surrender and testing times
- Does one need a guru?
- Mata Amritananda or Amma
- in Amma’s Ashram
- Happy through breathing: with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- in Gangotri
- Insights from a VIP sadhu
- in Rishikesh with Eckhart Tolle
- Intimations from Beyond
- Macaulays children
- English education – a big blunder
- Mischievous accusations: ‘Hindu terror’ and ‘rape culture’
- Caste system – stick to beat Hindus with
- Baba Ramdev – a Yogic powerhouse
- The world is in need of Indian wisdom
Hope you enjoy reading it.