We will first detail the facts on which this rather unusual statement has been made. We may then collectively try to think what can be, and needs to be, done in the matter.
- According to the 2001 Census Report of the Government of India, the 2011 figures have still not be released by Government.
a) The decadal growth rate as per Census 2001 was:
Hindus 23% 20%
Muslims 34.5% 36% *
* This figure has since been shown as, brought down to 29% by omitting 3.6 crore Indians living in two sensitive States of Assam and Jammu & Kashmir. The deletion of this big chunk of population was done with retrospective effect from 1961 onwards. No other country has ever done this.
b) More potential danger is the statement 7 of the Census 2001 (Religion Data Report, page (x1ii) that records the percentage of 0-6 years old Muslim cohorts (a term used in demographic parlance to denote the future reproductive trend) was higher than Hindu cohorts by 21 percent. (Comment: To this may be added nearly 25% lower acceptance of family planning among Muslims). This indicated that anytime between 2011 and 2016, that 6 years old cohorts have reached the reproductive age. The consequence could be well imagined. In 2001 Census, the Muslim cohorts was higher than that of Hindu cohorts in 31 of the 35 States and Union Territories of India.
c) In Kolkata district of West Bengal, the decadal Hindu growth was 0.7 percent as against 18% growth of Muslim population. The Hindu fertility rate in Kolkata district during 1991-2001 was 1 child per Hindu woman, while the sustainability rate of population is 2.1 percent for any religious community.
d) The phenomenal demographic change in Northeastern India since independence is now a matter of history and is often described as the result of the planned “demographic invasion”.
e) According to the religious breakup in the Census Report of 2011, thought not yet officially released, the muslim population in Assam is said to have grown by 7 percent in absolute terms.
f) The ‘fertility’ of Muslims which was about 10 percent higher than that of Hindus before independence is now 25 to 30 percent higher than the Hindu rate. (Source: Late P.N. Bhat and A.J. Francis in “Role of Religion in Fertility Decline: the case of Indian Muslims’, Economic & Political Weekly, January 29, 2005).
g) All over world, except Muslim countries, the fertility levels have sharply declined by more than half since 1972—from 6 children per woman in 1972 to 2.09 in 1990s. According to the United Nations Population Report of 2002, Europe’s fertility rates are now far below the replacement level of 2.1, raising the fear of Europe becoming ‘Eurobia’.
- In terms of four globally recognized major human development indices, namely, Incidence of Infant Mortality (children below 1 year age), Incidence of Child Mortality (1 to 5 years), Degree of Urbanization and Life Expectancy at birth in India, the Hindus are more backward than the Muslims (Source: Prof. Sanjay Kumar’s Seminar Paper, Indian Institute of Public Administration, September 2, 2006)
- Worldwide, urbanization has emerged as the biggest catalyst of economic development, as highlighted by Goldman Sachs in their Global Economic Paper No. 152. By this parameter, the Muslims are ahead of Hindus by 10 percent.
Presently, the percentage of urbanization among Hindus and Muslims is as follows:
Hindus in Urban Areas 26% Muslim in Urban Areas 36%
(Source: Census Religion Data Report, 2001)
(Note: A copy of a leaflet titled “Think India” of the Patriots’ Forum, a Delhi based “Think Tank” is attached (Annexure 1) for ready reference)
- The Encyclopedia Britannica Year Books of 2007 and 2013, records:
ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNICA 2007
Population of India (as in 2000):- 1119538000
Religious affiliation (as in 2000):- Hindu 73.77%; Muslim 11.96%; Christian 6.08%; Sikh 2.16%.
ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNICA 2013
Population of India (as in 2012):- 1235004000
Religious affiliation (as in 2000):- Hindu 72.04%; Muslim 12.26%; Christian 6.81%; Sikh 1.87%.
- The significant aspect involved in this is that the above figures, though in the public domain for long, and also shared by us with the Central government and otherwise circulated widely, have not yet been challenged by any one, including even the office of the Registrar General or the Union Ministry of Home Affairs. This is mysterious and makes one believe these figures could be correct.
- “Love Jihad” (to induce non-Muslim young girls, mostly below the adult age group) is a part of Jihad, which is a sacred duty of all Muslims, to convert non-Muslims to the “true faith”, is in full flow in Kerala, West Bengal and parts of UP.
- The declaration of the Islamic Caliphate by the ISIS (now only the Islamic State), is a morale booster to the Muslims of India, leading an acknowledged Islamic leader of UP assuring Saudi Arabia to send 5,00,000 Sunni volunteer force from India towards the formation of a world jihadi force. To this may be added the recent Al Qaeda declaration of having a plan for Al Qaeda unit Southeast Asia, and specifically the States of Assam, Gujarat & Kashmir in India.
- The minority (read Muslim) appeasement policy of the erstwhile UPA government and the bounties heaped on them following the un-Constitutionally- formed Sachar Committee, are still continuing. The Haj dole, declared null and void by the Andhra Pradesh High Court, is also continuing;
- Peter Hammond, the noted Dutch scholar’s analysis of minority (Muslim) community’s behaviour pattern all over the world:
a) At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs.
This is happening in:
Denmark — Muslim 2%
Germany — Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom — Muslim 2.7%
Spain — Muslim 4%
Thailand — Muslim 4.6%
b) From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves — along with threats for failure to comply. This is occurring in:
France — Muslim 8%
Philippines — 5%
Sweden — Muslim 5%
Switzerland — Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands — Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad & Tobago — Muslim 5.8%
At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.
c) When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris, we have already seen car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam, and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam , with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam. Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections, in:
Guyana — Muslim 10%
India — Muslim 13.4%
Israel — Muslim 16%
Kenya — Muslim 10%
Russia — Muslim 15%
(Note: Administrative experience in India support this thesis. As is widely known, all areas having 20 percent or more of Muslim population is considered communally sensitive and special police arrangements are made accordingly on occasions of festivals, elections, it.)
- “The Centre for Policy Studies”, (Chennai) predicted in its pioneering and phenomenal study, namely, “The Religious Demography of India” (2003) that the Hindu Religionists in India would be outnumbered by the Muslims around 2061 (the relevant graph is attached-Annexure II). The facts stated so far may suggest the need for revising this prediction.
12. The tragic part of the entire situation is the skewed attitude of the retired or even serving senior functionaries, either in the government or in the corporate sector, towards this imbalance in demographic composition of the country. Displaying an ostrich-eye view, they laugh away the almost irreversible march of the Muslim population and continue to hold that the 80 percent (?) Hindus cannot be outnumbered so easily. They forget that the so-called 80 percent is divided and sub-divided to make this community most vulnerable, as has been illustrated in history on many occasions. The blunt truth is that there have too many cases of betrayal or straightforward perfidy, leading to defeat of the Hindusthani armies.
- Moreover, the multiparty democracy in India makes the Hindus politically rather divided to make the so-called majorly Hindu population meaningless in practical terms.
- Kashmir, once a vibrant Hindu Kingdom, turned into a Muslim-majority State, primarily due to this continually increasing demographic imbalance in favour of the Muslim community, that perhaps went unnoticed in the rest of the country.
- Going by the shape of things developing in Kerala and if that continues unchecked, that State is most likely to be the “next Kashmir” in India. And, the similar “distinction” is likely to be claimed by West Bengal next in point of time.
Now the Solution
- The point now is: what could be the solution or measures to counter the situation? That has been the million dollar question since some of us had started worrying about and discussing this complex issue some years back and scholars have been rightly advising on this. Feeling convinced, some friends, anxious to find almost quick-fix solutions that does not exist, even left us in disgust.
- But, we learnt some lessons when after an interaction session on the subject with a group of interested listeners somewhere in Meerut, we overheard some participating ladies (around 15) talking, “We will have to do something about it.” We felt encouraged, learning the lesson from “village mothers” that the issue needs to be talked about and discussed more in rural areas also. And, that is the primary motto of the Delhi-based “Think Tank“, namely, the “Patriots’ Forum“. Also, in a Gurudwara in Delhi, after those present to hear an accredited scholar on this demographic threat. Some senior lady remarked that they would consider giving up an extra care and plan for one more child instead. This was also encouraged.
- From the experience narrated above, it will be necessary to build up the case with the mothers at every home. That will result in substantial improvement in the situation.
- It is sincerely as well as strongly felt there has to be some kind of attitudinal change among the rich and educationally forward-looking and somewhat well to do middle class Hindu families to sacrifice some comforts in material life and rear up a few more siblings instead. The family planning exercise has gone too far among these vital sections of the Hindus. Even admitting of economic constrains and the stresses and strains of present-day competitive living conditions, it may not be any laughing matter to remind ourselves that Lord Krishna as well as Rabindra Nath Tagore were the eight child in their respective families.
- It is worth noting, in passing though, that even with increasing urbanisation among the Muslims far ahead of the Hindus, the growth rate of theirs is on the rise and rise, as already noted earlier.
- There is a definite need for injecting some degree of virility among the Hindus as a whole and as sanctioned in Hindu shastras. We have been hearing since our childhood days that “ahimsa parama dharma“, whereas the full sloka has also the important component of “dharma himsa tathaivach” That indeed is the sum and substance of Lord Krishna’s lessons to Arjuna, to arouse him from the stupor the latter had descended to when faced with the task of killing his kith and kin at the battle field. The message was simple: he (Arjuna) was duty bound to do so for the sake of protecting dharma as against adharma indulged into by the Kauravas.
- One can in this context say that the Hindus are not acting as per the dictates of their religion, whereas the vast majority of the Muslim friends do not or would not feel shy killing non-believers, which is their sacred duty, that is, performing jihad.
- Be that as it may, the Hindus in India must, especially at the present juncture, threatened with being outnumbered, produce more in order to protect and defend themselves and their religion and age-old civilisational ethos. This has to be viewed as a measure of sheer self-defence. We are not preaching violence per se nor are trying to instigate the Hindus to take to arms.
- May be the Hindu Gurus and Dharma Acharyas can also help by advising and enforcing on their followers to grow in numbers in view of what we have tried to explain.
25. In any case, it is also incumbent on us to bring and explain this predicament to the current younger generations. Fully involved in today’s computer games, based on highly improved internet technology, they may strike some golden means to solve the issue in their own ways. We must do this without fail; otherwise, they will never forgive us as to why knowing all about it, we kept it away from them, leaving them to face the wolves without any preparation to defend themselves, their country and their rich cultural heritage.
Source: Patriot Forum
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. World Hindu News is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of