WHN

BREAKING NEWS

Hindus Celebrate Mahashivratri at Brahmrishi Aashram Holland   |   After row over childlike sex dolls at Shein, now Hindus upset at Shein for Lord Ganesh blanket   |   Verses from Rig-Veda, Upanishads, Bhagavad-Gita to open Memphis City Council   |   After Hindu protest, global online retailer Shein removed Lord Ganesh blanket & doormat   |   Hindu prayers to open the Tennessee City of White House meeting for the first time in its history   |   Gayatri Mantra to open Pine Bluff City Council meeting in Arkansas   |   Hindus urge Polish National Opera to drop culturally insensitive ballet “La Bayadère”   |   Hindus greet Christians on Xmas   |   Polish National Ballet ensures protesting Hindus to avoid stereotyping in “La Bayadère” ballet   |   In one’s own voice ( Apna Sanchar magazine – A review )   |   Reminded how the country is well-knit in common culture emanated from one Sanatana-Dharm   |   Shri Purushottam Paranjape – A Life Dedicated to the Service of Humanity   |   Coordinated International Action to Stop the Drip-Drip Genocide of Hindus in Bangladesh   |   Upset Hindus seek apology from Mondelēz Australia for non-disclosure of beef in its various snacks   |   Inter-Community Group Marriage Organized in Jaipur by Social Service Organizations   |   Anil Singh Dewal Appointed as Shiv Sena Chief, Jhotwara Block Jaipur   |   Essential ration supplies donated to distressed Pak Hindu migrant family in Jaipur   |   Jaipur Based Pak Hindu Migrant Family In Deep Social, Educational, Economic Distress   |   Delegation Appeals for Special Indian Visas for Pakistani Hindu Brides, married to Indian citizens   |   Hindus urge Bordeaux National Opéra of France to discard culturally insensitive opera Lakmé   |  

Three-day Datta Jayanti celebrations

A view of Guru Dattatreya Bababudangiri Dargah near Chikkamagaluru.— Photo: Prakash Hassan

A view of Guru Dattatreya Bababudangiri Dargah near Chikkamagaluru.— Photo: Prakash Hassan

Pro-Hindutva groups are getting ready for the three-day Datta Jayanti celebrations beginning Tuesday, even as the State government is yet to resolve the title claims over the disputed Guru Dattatreya Bababudan Swami Dargah in Chikkamagaluru district, as per the direction of the Supreme Court.

Meanwhile, the Sajjada Nasheen (hereditary administrator) has decided to file a contempt petition against the State government alleging that it has not complied with latest Supreme Court order.

The district administration has decided to install CCTV cameras at important junctions and deploy additional police force in Chikkamagaluru town and the shrine to maintain peace.

BJP MLA and former Minister C.T. Ravi, Bajrang Dal leader Suryanarayana and others have been in the city participating in the Datta Mala Abhiyana, which began on December 16. Speaking to presspersons on the occasion, Mr. Ravi said the government should resolve the issue based on records available.

The Supreme Court, in its order on September 3, directed the Karnataka government to decide the title claims over the shrine and ordered that status quo granted by the court in December 2008 would continue until the government resolves the matter. So far, the State Cabinet had not taken a call on this issue.

Syed Ghouse Mohiyuddin Shakhadri, the Sajjada Nasheen, told The Hindu that he had filed a contempt petition before the Supreme Court and the matter might come up for hearing soon.

“As per the court’s order the status quo granted in 2008 will continue. The government should not have allowed Datta Jayanti celebrations or any event related to it in the shrine,” he said.

Mr. Shakhadri also alleged that allowing Datta celebrations was against the court order. When his attention was drawn to the organisers’ argument that the celebrations would not attract violation as it has been held outside the shrine, he said, “That has been their argument for a long time. They are holding celebrations and other religious programmes close to the graveyard. The government does not stop them from holding it. But, if we want to bury our elders in the khabarsthan, we are not allowed,” he maintained.

Source: The Hindu