Dr. Manmohan Singh
Member of Rajya Sabah
Indian National Congress
cc: Hon. Madam Jayaram Jayalalitha – Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu,
Rajya Sabah Members, Intellectuals, Hindu Organizations, Hindu Activists, Hindu Media,
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim, silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented” – ELIE WISEL –
I most earnestly request you to consider taking this matter to the Indian Rajya Sabah and take necessary steps to explain the situation in Sri Lanka. Even after the regime change there is no improvement.
Please note the following:-
1. The DRACONIAN Prevention of Terrorism Act is still in full force [This give wide power to the Armed forces to arrest, torture, interfere in civil and religious matters, threatening Tamil Journalists and arresting without arrest warrant, The military enjoys impunity and uses this to keep the Tamil Community as slaves]
2. Thousands of the legal lands of the Tamils are forcefully occupied by the armed forces – erecting new Buddhist shrines [In the north there only Hindus/Christians/Muslims] Hindu Temples and Churches are demolished to erect Buddhist shrines, The legal owners of vast stretch of fertile land are starving without land to cultivate whereas the military is cultivating the legal lands of these people and selling their products to these unfortunate oppressed Tamils.
3. The Chief Minister of Northern Province passed a resolution calling for an Independent International investigation in to the GENOCIDE of the 147,000 Tamils. Unless there is a proper investigation the reconciliation is not possible.
4. Since Sri Lanka [CEYLON] got its independence from the BRITISH in 1948 the Tamils underwent numerous attacks [pogroms] from the Majority Sinhalese & Sinhalese Armed forces in 1956, 1958, 1971, 1978, 1983 and 2004 – 2009 and now structural genocide [Land grabs, state sponsored Sinhalese colonization in the traditional and historical homeland of the Tamils to reduce the proportion of the Northern Province.
5. Hindu Temples Destroyed and Hindus chased out from the area.
Tamil Nadu assembly for international probe on alleged war crimes in Northern Lanka
Read more at:
Read more at:
Destruction of Hindu Temples in Sri Lanka
6. SRI LANKA’S KILLING FIELDS – NO FIRE ZONE [Please watch this video]
Project http://www.itjpsl.com/ This is the new Report from the International Truth and Justice ri Lanka; published by Madam Yasmin Sooka, Executive Director of this project;
gives detail account of torture, rape of Tamils in Sri Lanka
Please note this carefully :-
Sri lanka [Ceylon] one island two nations: Sinhalese Sri Lanka & Tamil Eelam
The letter written in June 1799 by Sir Hugh Cleghon, Secretary to the first Governor of British Ceylon, of the British Government, in his letter states:
“Two different nations from a very ancient period have divided between them the possession of the Island. The Sinhalese, inhabiting the interior of the country in its Southern and Western parts, from the Wallouve (river) to that of Chilaw, and secondly the Malabars (Tamils) who possess the Northern and Eastern Districts. These two nations differ entirely in their religion, language and etiquette.”
I am most earnestly request you to take few moments to read below and suggest a similar model like Switzerland or Canada to the Tamils problem with their right of self-determination. [this model will stop the majority from treating the minority Hindu Tamil community as slaves.]
Unless Tamil Nadu, India, UN & US, UK takes some strong stand the Sri Lankan Government will not change its policy towards the Tamils. Tamils are not prepared to believe in empty promises and lies.]
A war torn country like Sri Lanka has several models to choose from to find a permanent solution to the festering ethnic problem in the country, but that is not what the Sinhalese government wants.They want to keep the Tamils as their slaves. Tamils will never bow down to this level. There is the Canadian Quebec solution, through which the French speaking people of Quebec periodically reaffirm their affiliation to Canada . Similarly, Scotland last year, through a referendum, declared their will to remain in UK. There were others like South Sudan and East Timor, after fighting murderous wars for years, were allowed to go their separate ways.
The Long Term Solution To Sri Lanka’s Ethnic Problem
Genocide of 147,000 Tamils – Needs Investigation and Justice to the victims of War.
[Kindly take few moments to watch this youtube – re – GENOCIDE]
Many in the international community have been intrigued with Trevor Grant’s book, “Sri Lanka’s Secrets: How The Rajapaksa Regime Gets Away With Murder”. An interview with Trevor R. Grant as he discusses crucial details pertaining to the history of the ongoing human rights violations in Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka’s Killing Fields: War Crimes Unpunished
Unexploded and deadly cluster munitions have been found for the first time in Sri Lanka, a UN expert on land mines claims.
Preview by Yahoo
Humanitarian efforts may alleviate the pain, but do they stop the political strife that leaves victims bleeding?
With Best Wishes and Kind Regards,
Source: WHN Media Network