Download Attachment : hHINDU MIGRANT CITIZENSHIP
AHMEDHABAD FIRST & STILL NO. 1
ISSUING OF CITIZENSHIP TO HINDU MIGRANTS IN INDIA.
Today (26.04.2018) is special day in lives of Hindu migrants resident of Ahmedabad Gujarat. They got the Indian citizenship certificates from Respected Shri Kaushikbhai Patel Revenue Minister Govt. of Gujarat in the presence of Ahmedabad city 10 MLAs at special function at Tagore hall paldi Ahmedabad.
95 applicants have been issued citizenship certificates by office of District Collector office Ahmedabad. Honourable Minister told the large gathering of Hindu migrants that Gujarat Govt. is doing all needful for rehabilitation of pak Hindu migrants in Gujarat. Last year Gujarat Home Minister Shri Pradipsinh Jadeja has distributed the 104 c.c. to Hindu migrants. District Collector office itself has given 150 citizenship in last 6 months. Now today lot of 95 applicants has been given Indian citizenship.
Ahmedabad dist. is first & still no,1 in issue of Indian citizenship certificates to Hindu migrants in India , from the date of MHA notification of power delegation dt. 23.12.2016. Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendrabhai Modi ji union cabinet decision of July, 2016 is being implementated in Gujarat with full enthusiasm.
Sindh Minority Migrants Association Secretary Rajesh Maheshwari & team held meeting with new District Collector Dr. Shri Vikrant Pandey & requested him to expedite the process. Honourable DM immediately ordered to complete the formalaties of pending cases & cleared the 95 files within week & granted them citizenship.
Pak Hindu migrants resident of Gujarat are lucky that their voice is heard in CMO & Home deptt. Honourable Minister of State of Home Shri Pradipsinh Jadeja has advised the concerned FRROs, DMs & Home deptt. officials to expedite the citizenship grant process to Hindu migrants in Gujarat. With concern & personal attention of Honourable Minister, there is no pending case of citizenship with Govt. Some files are pending due to non submission of documents from applicants.
Hindu migrants informed that , there are some minor practical issues, whose clarification is required from MHA New Delhi. SMMA representatives & DM Ahmedabad office has already requested citizenship section MHA for doing needful earliest. Hope that following issues will be solved very soon.
1) Acceptance of OFFLINE applications from intellectuals form migrant Hindu community , who are professionals like , Doctors, Engineers, Chartered Accountants ,Professors, Bankers, Lawyers & other professionals, by relaxing minimum residency conditions under sec.6(1) of Citizenship Act,.
2) The procedure of submitting the citizenship applications, who migrated to India before 31-12-2014 & do not possess any travel document (like passport, Residential permit) .They have been authorised by MHA Govt. of India notification F.No.25022/50/2015-F.1 dt.07-09-2015.
3) The procedure of submission of valid Pakistani passport of children of Hindu migrants @ DM Ahmedabad office. As per Pakistan Citizenship law, PHC New Delhi does not accept the Pakistani passports of children below 21 years age.
4) The procedure of submitting the applications of children of 1971 war migrants from Chhachhro Pakistan. Parents got Indian citizenship earlier. Children were left out due to ignorance. These children are of more than 45 years age & have no document.(submission of offline application along with Affidavit is suggested. Format of Affidavit is requested from Citizenship section MHA)
5) Necessary changes in online software of accepting citizenship application from intellectuals Hindu professionals with relaxations in minimum residency period.
6) The procedure of obtaining clearance from all concerned deptt./agencies with time frame.
7) Time frame for completing all procedures of different offices/authorities in time bound manner right from submission of citizenship application at DM office to grant of Indian Citizenship certificates. Honourable High Court of Rajasthan has advised to DM Jodhpur to complete the Citizenship application procedure within 60 days.
8) Acceptance of valid Pakistani passports @ DM office for getting Indian citizenship certificates. This was accepted in JCCAB meeting on 18.04.2017 @ Ahmedabad.
Source: World Hindu News (WHN)