BJP- Shiv Sena coalition Government should take note of Hindus’ demand and bring good days (Achchhe Din) is the only expectation of Hindus !
Pandharpur (Dist. Solapur) : Devout Hindus staged intense demonstrations at the ‘North Gate’ of Shri Vitthal-Rukmini Temple on 17th January, for their demand that the ‘shodashopchar puja’ should be performed in the temple as per the science. More than 500 devout Hindus took part in the demonstrations.
Reasons for agitation
As per the Court’s order passed in the year 2014, right of ‘Utpat’ and priests to perform ‘puja’ in this temple was withdrawn and tradition followed for more than hundreds of years was ended. It has been observed that the new priests, appointed after taking interview, are not performing ‘puja’ or rendering service as per the science which is causing harm to the sanctity of the temple; hurting religious sentiments of devotees. It has now been one year since the changes have been made; therefore, performing of ‘puja’ as per science should be re-started, was the demand of devout Hindus, devotees of Deity Vitthal demonstrating near North Gate of the temple between 9.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. on 17th January carrying saffron flags.
17th January was observed as ‘Black Day’. Large number of Hindus participated in the demonstrations started with introductory address by H.B.P. Sagar Maharaj Belapurkar and later conducted by Shri. Ganesh Lanke, a staunch devout Hindu. Shri. Omkar Kulkarni read out demands made through the agitation and all the participants approved them unanimously.
Resolutions passed by demonstrators !
- Preserve and protect sanctity of Shri Vitthal-Rukmini Temple !
- Start ‘shodashopchar puja’ regularly as per science as was done since ancient times!
- Stop corrupt practices of Temple committee !
- Security guards and police sitting near ‘Saint Namdeo Payari’ should be asked to remove their footwear and such instructions should be displayed on boards !
- Arrange ‘Mahaprasad’ for devotees !
- Stop ‘governmentalization’ of Hindus’ temples !
- Hand over management of Hindus’ temples to devotees !
Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat