ORG WEBSITE: http://www.vhp-america.org
MEMBERSHIP WEB URL: http://ess.vhp-america.org/mms/default.php
- Working in the USA since 1970.
- Active centers in all metropolitan areas.
- SEVA programs to help the social reconstruction, render assistance in times of natural calamities or man made disasters and to help the needy irrespective of caste, creed, race or religion. Disbursed more than four million dollars in last 25 years.
- In the USA: Serving food and distributing blankets at shelters for the homeless, visiting nursing homes, helping families in distress, fund raising for the families of Oklahoma bombing victims and World Trade Center tragedy.
- Ekal Vidyalaya Project: To provide education to the children in tribal and remote areas of Bharat (Contribution one dollar a day- supports education of 30 children).
- Support A Child Project: To support living expenses, education and character molding of orphan or needy children in Bharat for a period of ten years.. Currently we are supporting 700 children in various states of Bharat (Contribution per child: 0/year).
- Youth Activities: Bal Vihars, Youth Camps, Youth Conferences and Youth Book Project.
- Emporium: authentic Hindu religious, cultural items such as pictures of deities, books, audio and video tapes, CDs etc.
- Hindu Vishwa: a quarterly publication of news and views of Hindu society in the USA and around the world.
- Hindu Conferences: National and International. Major conferences in 1984 in New York and 1993 in Washington, DC which drew 5,000 and 10,000 delegates respectively from more than 25 countries.
- Working with Temples, Ashrams and Hindu Institutions to bring awareness to issues of the Hindu society and promote Hindu Unity.
- Cultivating public opinion on issues that affect Hindu interests world-wide.
- American Hindus Against Defamation (AHAD): To counter the attempts to denigrate Hindu Dharma and Hindu values by media, corporations and other organized institutions.
- Strength in Unity!
Won’t you join us? Donations are tax deductible (in the USA) and welcome.
…. “Arise, Awake and stop not till the goal is reached” – Swami Vivekananda
- Membership categories:
Primary Member $25 for one year or $70 for three years or $100 for five years
Life Member: $500 Patron $1000
- Members receive Quarterly publication- Hindu Vishwa, periodic communications from the VHPA office and are entitled to discount at VHPA organized programs (e.g., Family and Youth Camps, Conferences, etc.)
- Members are entitled to vote in VHPA elections at the local as well as national level.
Members can stand for elections in their own zone for positions at the chapter level or for elections at the national level as a Governing Councilor.
Payment: by credit card online, by sending credit card information ( Type of card, expiration date in month/year, name as it appears on the card) and your signature by mail Or
- By check, payable to VHP of America
- P. O. Box 611, Iselin, NJ 08830
- Tel.: 732-744-0851
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
# Above content is paid advertisement by VHPA.