President of Patriots Forum, D.C. Nath was superannuated in January, 1995, as the Special Director, Intelligence Bureau, D.C. Nath (IPS-1960) was associated with the International Institute of Security and Safety Management (IISSM), headquartered in New Delhi, for over 14 years, first as the Executive President & CEO and then as the President & Director General, between February, 1997 and March, 2011. The author of a highly acclaimed book, Intelligence Imperatives for India, Mr. Nath earned high plaudits from all around for two of his very significant presentations on: “Revisiting the Future of India” (2005, London) and “Lessons from India for the War On Terrorism” (2007, USA). He is the only one in the field, combining the experiences of a police officer with specialization in intelligence and strategic analysis and an industrial security expert par excellence. More Bio on D. C. Nath…
Attention: To Shri Narendra Modi
Shri Narendra Modi,
The Prime Minister of India,
We humbly feel here could be an opportunity for India. With your dynamic leadership, we could perhaps show and prove to the world why Arnold Toyenbee had said that the future of the mankind lies in the Indian way.
(Former Spl. Director, IB)
(President, Patriots’ Forum)
February 4, 2015
Mr. Ban Ki-moon
Subject: An Appeal To The UNITED NATION
We from the platform of a small New Delhi-based “THINK TANK”, namely, the “PATRIOTS’ FORUM” and the proud inheritors of the oldest surviving civilisation in the world, namely, Indic civilIsation, which, according to the greatest historian of the 20th century, Arnold Toynbee, holds the key to the survival of the humanity, humbly rise to most sincerely appeal to you to initiate very urgent steps and prevail upon the world powers to take immediate measures to save the world from the inhuman barbarity the radical Islamist groups have started indulging in different parts of the world, especially after the Charlie Hebdo day in Paris. The burning alive the Jordan pilot on February 3, 2015, would have shocked the conscience of the world all over.
Though you will have at your disposal the best of thinkers and planners in this regard, we take courage in both hands to share some of our thoughts on the subject, that brooks no delay:
· Immediate video address by you from UN Hqrs, urging nations across the world to stop providing any kind of support to the identified or unidentified groups and various terror outfits, mostly financial;
· Convene an early meeting of the SECURITY COUNCIL for the members to break their heads over possible counter measures—immediate, short term and long term-to be reviewed monthly to start with and the quarterly to review how things were moving;
· Convene a special interactive session of identified Islamic scholars of all schools of thoughts to engage in a serious debate over whither the things were going and how to halt the process of indulging in increasing degree of violence/barbarity by the rebel groups.
· A special meeting with the Wahabi group leader, namely, the Saudi Arabia King is essential;
· An immediate advice to all Prime Ministers and Presidents in the world to address, in their turns, their respective nations, as they do in times of Independence day or some such occasions.
· That all suspected terror-related cases are suitably disposed off at the earliest, driving home the point that terrorism does not pay;
· To block all channels of financial support to such groups so as to squeez them to death;
· All countries to take appropriate steps to prevent funneling of funds through various kinds of NGOs and similar other cover organisations, often working as conduits.
Well, Sir, we take this opportunity to share with you what a senior responsible friend says on the subject:
Thanks Dhaneshda. There is no doubt that ‘Radical Islamic Movement’ is the biggest enemy of Islam. Yet there is very little debate or discussion among the Muslims about the evils of ‘radical islamic movements’. Muslims are reluctant to condemn radicalism among their ilk either for fear of retribution or for being branded as a heretic. It is time that the world particularly the Muslims come out openly in protest against such senseless barbarity expressed and practised among the muslim terrorists. The more they keep silent, the more the conviction will gain ground that intolerance and extremism are perhaps a widely practiced part of the faith. Sadly that is something which is far from the truth; yet is gaining ground for this all round unwillingness to speak out against it among the muslims. Regards Mihir K Moitra, IAS (Retd).
Sir, we are mailing this to you, unsolictedly, but with the earnest hope to see some positive result in whichever manner it may be. The issue is neither political nor religious but is one of saving mankind from some sections or groups, claiming to be the best exponents of the Prophet’s instructions. From that point of view, the primary onus to rectify the situation will lie on, say, Saudi Arabia and other known Islamic Seminaries or outstanding/respected Islamic scholars, as reflected in the observations quoted above. They have to do something to learn to co-exist with others outside the pale of their religion or faith.
Thanking you for your patience and with best regards,
(Former Spl. Director, IB)
(President, Patriots’ Forum)
Source: Patriot Forum
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article /news /published content are the personal opinions of the submitting author / organization. World Hindu News is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article /news/published content. All information received is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article / news /published content do not reflect the views of World Hindu News and World Hindu News does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.