Pimpri-Chinchwad (Maharashtra) : Shiv Sena Vibhag-Pramukh Raju Sakharam Darshile (age – 45 yrs) from Punavale was shot dead on 18th October at around 8.30 p.m. when declaration of election results was to take place within few hours. This has created shock amongst Shiv Sainiks.
1. Darshile was an estate agent and dealt in sale and purchase of property. His construction work was going on Punavale-Tambe road.
2. On 18th October at night, Darshile was sitting with two of his workers.
3. Two persons came on a motor-bike, asked for water to drink when one of the employees got up and went away to fetch water. In the meantime, these two persons fired at Darshile.
4. The assailants ran away on their motor-bike. The news spread like fire and many people rushed to the place of incident.
5. Injured Darshile was taken to a private hospital at Thergaon; but he succumbed to his injuries before starting treatment.
6. Office bearers of Shiv Sena and Shiv Sainiks rushed to hospital as they came to know about this incident.
7. Enraged Shiv Sainiks and relatives of deceased refused to take away the body demanding arrest of killers which created tension in the area.
8. Additional Police Commissioner Prakash Mutyal met the relatives and Shiv Sainiks and tried to console them. He promised them that let whoever be behind this killing, they would be nabbed and stringent action would be taken.
Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat