Mangalore, Aug 14: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) in celebration of its golden jubilee will organize a nationwide blood donation camp in which about one lac people from across the country will donate blood on November 2. Among the expected one lac donors, one thousand will be from Mangalore.
The district president of VHP Jagadish Shenava addressing a press meet here on Thursday August 14, said, “Since its inception in Sandipani Ashram in 1964, VHP has been organizing service-oriented programmes for the Hindu community and has organized a mammoth nationwide blood donation camp on November 2, in which one lac people will donate blood and volunteers of Mangalore will donate 1000 units on the same day.”
He also said that as part of the golden jubilee celebrations, Shobhayatras and public gathering have been organized on August 17 and 18. The Shobhayatras will be organized by all the Prakhandas of Mangalore with 1000 to 2000 people participating in every gathering.
“The district is very proud to have Dharmadhikari of Shree Kshetra Dharmasthala Dr Veerandra Heggade as the national president of the golden jubilee celebration committee. We congratulate him on behalf of VHP Dakshina Kannada unit and we are also honoured to have the presence of Vinay Hegde of Nitte institutions as the advisor of the committee.” He added.
The details of processions are as follows:
1. Bolar Prakhanda, Attavar Katte to Mangaladevi temple at 5 pm
2. Mannagudda Prakhanda, Urwa Marigudi Ganesh temple to Kottara school at 3 pm
3. Naguri Prakhanda, Kulshekhar Veeranarayana Temple to Kulshekhar Diary at 1 pm
4. Devinagara Prakhanda, Kavoor Jyothinagar to Kavoor Katte, at 9:30 am
5. Surthkal Prakhanda, Katipalla 1st block Brahma Mugera Temple to Shree Kshetra Ganeshpura premises at 4:30 pm
6. Gurpur Prakhanda, Gurupura Kukkudakatte to the Jangam Math at 4 pm
7. Ullal Prakhanda, Thokkottu Naganakatte to Kuttar Rajarajeshwari Temple at 9 am
8. Moodbidri Prakhanda, Moodbidri Thousand Pillar Basadi to Swaraj Maidan at 4 pm
District secretary Gopal Kuthar, joint-secretary Shivanand Mendon, Bajarang Dal city co-convenor Praveen Kuttar, Punith Kumar and others were present.