GHHF 2014 – Year end Report of
Activities and Accomplishments;
“Like in a well the more you fetch, more water oozes … the more you give the more you get. This generosity is mandatory to every individual. Hurry to promise or pledge to help. It is one thing – glorious and divine – to strive for getting an occasion for that.” Taittiriya Upanishad III, 3, X.As many of you know that Global Hindu Heritage Foundation was started in 2006 with a mission to make every effort to REPEAL the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Act, restore the independent management of Hindu Temples by Hindus themselves, make Hindus aware of the plight of Hindu Temples in the hands of government, ensure that the Hindu Temple lands are not auctioned or sold, urge the government to renovate and repair all the dilapidated Gopurams and Temples, recover all the lands that were encroached illegally or obtain market value for these lands, approach the government to rectify the abuses of Hindu Temple assets, challenge the sale and encroachment of Hindu Temple lands, advocate the implementation of Article 48 to protect the cows and close down the slaughter houses, revive the pride and prestige of the glory and grandeur of Sanatana Dharma, and encourage implementation of various activities to that make Hindus appreciate the meaning and significance various rituals.
Many our scriptures such as Rig Veda, Bhagavad Purana, Mahabharata, Apastamba Dharma Sutra, Bhagavad Gita, Chandogya Upanishad, Taittiriya Upanishad, Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, Tirukkaral, and many others talked about the importance and significance of Daana (charity) without any expectations from the receiver. The scriptures also talk about the worthiness of the cause, time to give, and qualifications of the receiver. They even mention what to give at what time, whom to give, when to give and how much to give. The whole purpose of Daana is done to purify one’s life, uplift the spirituality, and improve the quality of life. Giving is more than an obligation. It is dharma – righteous act.
Sant Kabir says: “You came into this world with fists closed and you go away with open palms. So even while living stretch your hand open and give liberally.”
Sage Vyasa also mentions that one should do wherever he gets an opportunity to support the worthy and charitable causes. According to scriptures, Hindus are ordained to donate generously for all good causes. Hence, donations are recommended to build Temples, wells, lakes, schools, Goshalas, Annadana facilities and others. Daana to these worthy causes also make one overcome the attachment to the material objects that is essential for spiritual growth. It is believed that the more we give more we get. The satisfaction one gets by giving cannot be described.
Saint Tulsidas has said that in Kaliyuga the Dharma means to contribute time, money and effort for all good causes. One should give paramount importance to a charity work. One should support the activities that bring goodness to the society. Furthermore Tulsidas says that by performing this noble, selfless act of generosity, it leads an individual on to the divine path of self-realization.
“Give. Give with faith. Do not give without faith. Give with sensitivity. Give with a feeling of abundance. Give with right understanding. Taittiriya Upanisad
2014 Report of Activities and Accomplishments
Global Hindu Heritage Foundation
- In February, GHHF participated in the seminar on the importance of revival of Bharath and the efforts of our activities in Padmavati Kalyan Mantapam in Tenali.
- Cosponsored and participated in Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Ganda Bherunda Mahayagnam in February 8-13 at Panakala Swamy Temple at Mangalagiri, Andhra Pradesh.
- Memorandum was submitted in February with 21 points to Honorable Narendra Modi about the revival of Bharath and Sanatana Dharma.
- Spoke on the opportunities to reestablish Dharma at Chai pe Charcha meeting held in Dallas TX in March.
- Organized Swami Paripoornananda Saraswathi of Sreepeetham of Kakinada visit to USA in the following cities: Raleigh NC; Dallas, Texas; Austin TX; Temple TX; Detroit MI; Los Angles CA; San Diego CA; San Jose, CA, Portland OR; Seattle WA; St. Louis MO; Washington DC; New Jersey; Tampa FL and Fort Lauderdale FL.
- Released a book entitled “THIRD EYE” written by Swami Paripoornananda in July in Washington DC
- First International Film Festival on SaveTemples August 22-24 was organized by Dr. Ghazal Srinivas and SaveTemples office personnel. In Hyderabad, Dr. Ghazal Srinivas, office personnel, his family members, and many friends spent countless number of hours organizing this festival. They deserve all the credit and our appreciation for their commitment, dedication and talent. One has to see the organizational skills demonstrated over a three-day period. Our office received 113 short films by the deadline. A jury consisting of five experts in the field has selected 40 films and were shown in Prasad Labs. The Jury selected the THREE Best films and also many special categories in the field. Rs 100,000 was awarded to the Best fil, Rs 75,000 for the second Best and Rs 50,000 for the third Best. The reports of the event were sent to all of you earlier emails. The list 40 films and the links also were sent to every body to watch and appreciate the talent of the producers. Most satisfying thing about the festival is that an overwhelming majority of the producers, music directors, actors, screen play writers, graphics, writers, and others are all youngsters – in the ages between 25 and 35. If this group of people have showed so much concern for their culture and to show how they become part of this movement, our GHHF mission definitely get the needed boost to carry the torch.
Sri Sri Sri Tridandi Srimannarayana Ramanuja Chinna Jeeyar Swami blessed the Festival and spoke about the importance and significance of maintaining, preserving, protecting and reviving the Hindu Temple culture.More than twenty dignitaries that include politicians, High Court judge, Pancha Sahasra avadhani, film actors, comedians and many attended the festival. Some of the dignitaries who attended the Festival include:
1. Dr. Kodela Siva Prasad, Speaker for Vidana Sabha, AP
2. Sri K. Krishna Murthy, Deputy Chief Minister, AP.
3. Hon. Nooty Ramamohana Rao, High Court Justice.
4. Padma Bhushan Vara Prasad Reddy, Sunshine Hospitals
5. Sri K. Manikyala Rao, Minister for Endowment Departments
6. Dr. Medasani Mohan, Pancha Sahasra Avadhani.
7. Dr. K. Lakshman, BJP Floor Leader, Telangana
8. Srimati Anuradha, Endowments Commissioner, AP
9. Sri Krishnam Raju, Rebel Movie Star
10. Sri Bandaru Dattatreya, MP, Telangana
11. Sri Malla Reddy, MP, Telangana
12. Sri N V S S Prabhakar, MLA Telangana
13. Sri Maganti Gopinath, MLA Telangana
14. Sri Jawahar, MLA Telangana
15. Sri Oleti Parvateesam, Doordarshan, Hyderabad
16. Sri J K Bharavi, Film Writer and Director
17. Sri Suresh, Film Actor
18. Dr. P. Raghu, IRS, DG, Income Tax
19. Sri Kalyan, Kalamandir
20. Dr. K. Aravinda Rao, Former DGP.
- Budget for the Festival was about 7 lakh rupees. Dr. Ghazal Srinivas was able to raise the funds for the festival. This shows his commitment, dedication and passion for the cause of Savetemples and GHHF.
- Met with the Minister for Endowments Sri Manikyala Rao in his Office and spent more than an hour discussing the issues related to the Endowment. I was joined by Sri Ramakrishna Babu Velagapudi (MLA of TDP from Vishakhapatnam) to raise the concerns in the Ministers private office. We submitted a letter containing more than 32 concerns. He was appreciative of our efforts.
- Also met with Smt. Anuradha (IAS), Commissioner of Endowments and submitted the letter of our concerns. She was gracious to spend nearly 1 ½ hours in her office uninterrupted. She went point by point and said that she will talk to Sri Manikyala Rao Garu and do the needful.
- Spent four days in Vijayawada to celebrate Ganesh Chaturdhi with His Holiness Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji who blessed our efforts.
- I went to Bangalore to attend a meeting organized by Temple Worshippers Society of Tamil Nadu on “Hindu Temples and Government Control” with special guests – Sri Swami Dayananda Saraswati and DR. Subramanian Swamy. Dr. Swamy categorically stated that the Temple would be released from the government control.
- Power Point Presentation on Hinduism was presented to a group of 15 employees of Mr. Ram Sharma, one of our Board of Directors, who lives in Bengaluru.
- Very fortunate to meet His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Sankar and presented our brochure on the “Plight of Hindu Temples and Government Control”, sought his blessings. He readily blessed us by saying he will support all our efforts to release the Hindu Temples from government control.
- Met with Hon. Maganti Gopinath, (MLA of TDP), Hon. Ramakrishna Babu Velagapudi (TDP MLA from Vishakhapatnam East), and Hon. V V Sivarama Raju, (MLA from Undi from TDP) in their offices to talk about the impact of government control on Hindu Temples.
- Spent three hours with Dr. K. Aravinda Rao Garu at his residence and talked about the issues facing Hindus.
- Sri K. Karunasagar, the lawyer who filed a case against OWAISI, came to our office and spent 1 ½ hour discussing about various legal cases. Cases filed against Minaret, Sushil Shinde, Police Department and others were discussed.
- Devalayam CD in Telugu was translated into Hindi and was sung by none other than Dr. Ghazal Srinivas. Sekhara and Shailaja Reddys have sponsored the Hindi CD called MANDIR. As per the wishes of Sekhara Reddy Garu, we went to Vrindavan to the Vatsalyagram of Sadhvi Ritambara Devi’s Ashram. She was very happy to release the MANDIR CD and spoke about our responsibility to our religion and appreciated our efforts. Dr. Ghazal Srinivas sang 3-4 songs in Hindi. When he was singing the song on the Hindi Version of “Aa gudi Edi”, one can see Sadhvi wiping her tears.
We found a great spokesperson for our cause.
- Met at the residence of Dr. Subramanian Swamy for more than one hour and talked about the release of Temples and also the need to start discussing about the management of Temples by Hindus once they are released from the government control. There is a need to have a conference on the mechanics of managing the Temples and GHHF should come out with few recommendations.
- Met with Honorable Minister Sri Venkaiah Naidu and discussed about various issues that were submitted to Honorable Narendra Modi in February.
- Presented a paper on the “Plight of Hindu Temples and Government Control” at Patriotic Social Media Foundation, organized by Dr. Swamy, in New Delhi on September 14
- Met with a number of VHP and BJP representatives in New Delhi as well as in Hyderabad.
- Met personally with at least 15 people who produced the Short films expressed their appreciation to GHHF for organizing the festival. They are eagerly waiting for the next festival.
- Arranged a visit of Hon. P. Manikyala Rao Garu to Dallas to visit Hanuman Temple in September.
- Hosted Honorable Justice of Andhra Pradesh Sri Nooty Rama Mohana Rao and organized his Lecture in Dallas in August.
- Met with Deputy Speaker Sri Mandala Buddha Prasad and had open and frank discussions for three days about the government control of Hindu Temples.
- “Sadguru Tattvam” a book focusing on the importance of Sadguru and speeches delivered on welcoming Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji over the last 15 years to USA was released in Avadhuta Datta Peetham on December 6, 2014.
- One of our Board of Directors, Sri Ram Sharma Kasibhatla, organized a lecture on the Control of Hindu Temples by Governments on December 9, 2014 in Bengaluru.
- A lecture on “Spirituality and Business Management” was delivered to GMR Group in Bengaluru on December 10, 2014.
FORTHCOMING EVENT: Global Hindi Heritage Foundation is very happy to announce that Dr. Subramanian Swamy has agreed to deliver a lecture on the “How to unshackle the Government Control of Hindu Temples.” On January 25 in Tirupathi, where the most sacred Temple of Lord Venkateswara is located.
As many of you know that SaveTemple Office was opened in June 2012 in Hyderabad. Office is located in Khairatabad. Four full time employees are working on the update of our website, Aalayavani Web Radio, Aalayavani magazine, conducting various activities to preserve and protect Hindu Temples and Culture. Our budget is approximately 2 lakh rupees per month. We request your generous donation to conduct activities to promote unity among Hindus and restore the glory of Hinduism.
Please DONATE. Your donations are appreciated to continue the work.
NOTE: GHHF is exempt from federal income tax under section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue code. Our tax ID # 41-2258630
Please send your tax-deductible donations to:
Global Hindu Heritage Foundation, 14726 Harmony Lane, Frisco, Texas 75035