My previous book was a collection of posts from my blogger blog, but this one is going to be entirely new material.
It’s short and to the point!
The idea is that it is designed to guide you gently into a Hindu faith community and give you easy steps to take to get started with bringing Hinduism into your life. The second part of the book is common concerns and questions that I try to address.
Here is the table of contents:
- Week One: A trip to the bookstore.
- Week Two: Bringing the Gods Home.
- Week Three: Learning to Pray.
- Week Four: Make Friends.
- Week Five: Enjoy a Festival
- Week Six: Going to the temple.
- Words you should know.
- Basic principles of pronunciation.
- Dress Code.
- Cultural Tidbits.
- Forehead Marks: Bindi and Tilak.
- Do I have to be a vegetarian?
- Will native Hindus be offended by me identifying as Hindu?
- Can I or Should I take on aspects of Indian culture to go with Hinduism?
- History and Your Place In It
- How do I mark that I am a Hindu?
- How to Feel Confident
- Should I go through a conversion ritual? Is there such a ritual?
- How Do I Talk To My Family?
- Peace and Love?
I plan for this to be an ebook only and it will be available for Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Apple, as well as a PDF download at my Etsy store. I’ll let you know when it is finalized! And if you want to make sure you don’t miss it, I now have a newsletter. It sends out a weekly summary of all posts here and I will also use it to announce things like this book.