• In secular Congress regime, such opposition would have been anticipated but it is not expected in regime of BJP-Shiv Sena led State !
Chinchwad-Pune (Maharashtra) : Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) has been holding Dharma-shiksha varg (classes) for Hindus but without giving any reason, the local police opposed HJS and warned HJS members that they should not hold meetings or Dharma-shiksha varg in their jurisdiction. The police did not allow HJS to explain its side. (Dharma-shiksha varg is a medium to teach Hindus about Hindu Dharma. If people gain knowledge of Hindu Dharma, they will be cultured and have good morals which will lead to decrease in criminality. Even then, police are exhibiting their ‘razakar’ mentality by opposing Dharma-shiksha varg. They should give reasons for opposing such classes. Is it law and order situation to oppose something without giving reasons ? HJS has been holding Dharma-shiksha classes all over the country; but nowhere such ban has been imposed; then why in Chinchwad ? Are laws in Chinchwad different from laws applicable in other places ? Or, are police doing whatever they want ? – Editor, Dainik Sanatan Prabhat)
1. Hindu Dharmajagruti Sabha was held by HJS on 21st December at Chinchwad.
2. In the review meeting held later, it was decided to start Dharma-shiksha classes as desired by local Hindus.
3. On 28th December, Dharma-shikshan class was started in Sriram Mandir and for convenience of all, it was decided to have second Dharma-shiksha class on 30th December.
4. Intimidating police, however, called HJS members to police station on 29th December.
5. Local police asked HJS members who had gone to police station to meet their senior officer.
6. The officer first started discussing general issues with them and later asked them to stop Dharma-shiksha class held by HJS.
7. HJS activist tried to explain that HJS has been holding such classes to impart education on Dharma to people and undertake various drives for welfare of people; but the police officer did not listen to them and told them that their coming together could send wrong signals to others. He also advised HJS’ activists to arrange such social welfare programs in some theatre. He warned them that police should not be held responsible for any untoward incident happening due to presence of HJS in the area. (Will police cite any incident that imparting Dharma-shiksha to Hindus has sent wrong message anywhere ? Dharma-shiskha classes are held all over India but nowhere any wrong incident has occurred so far. When will police realize that due to Dharma-shiksha, people will become virtuous and their behavior will become ideal ? – Editor, Dainik Sanatan Prabhat)
8. On asking reasons, the police officer said, “Your activities are good. We only give you permissions for your various drives; but we don’t want repetition of what happened in Amritsar, to happen here in Sriram Mandir. We do not want your classes or meetings in our area. (Dictatorship of police ! – Editor, Dainik Sanatan Prabhat)
9. On 30th December, HJS activists went to Sriram Mandir at scheduled time to conduct Dharma-shiksha class. The office bearers of the temple committee asked for charges of Rs. 1000/- per month for holding the classes. They said that police would come if HJS activities start and the office bearers, despite giving prior notice to temple committee, refused permission for holding class. (Considering the sequence of events, isn’t it likely that police could have pressurized office bearers of temple committee ? – Editor, Dainik Sanatan Prabhat)
10. Later, the class was conducted at residence of an HJS activist staying close to the temple.
Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat