Kathmandu (Nepal) – Science of measuring time/ period is a gift of Hindu Dharma to the world, stated H.H. (Dr.) Charudatta Pingle, national Guide of Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) while addressing a two-day (4thand 5th September) convention held at Kathmandu in Nepal. Aimed for introducing the science of astrology at an international level and for the unification of all astrologers from Nepal, it was the 4th anniversary of this Convention.
Dr. Lokraj Paudel, the President of ‘Nepal Jyotish Parishad’ inaugurated this mega-Convention by lighting a lamp. Recitation of ‘Veda-mantras’ followed which purified the atmosphere. More than 200 astrologers from Nepal participated in this Convention.
H.H. Dr. Pingle said….
1. Sun-rise to next sun-rise is considered as a day as per Hindu method of measuring time/ period.
2. Period taken by the moon to revolve around the Earth is counted as a month whereas the Earth making one revolution around the Sun is taken as one year.
3. Day is counted from 12.00 midnight to next 12.00 midnight as per western method of measuring time/ period. Few months have 30 days, few have 31 days and a month has 28 days; therefore, one day is added to an year after every few years.
4. If exact time of conception is known, predictions made are 100 % correct whereas the time told by a nurse or doctor, if wrong, can lead to wrong predictions.
5. Are we now prepared to sacrifice and undertake spiritual practice for protection of ‘Vedas’ and ‘Vedangas’ through means of this Convention ?
We need to ponder over such things.
Highlights – ‘Nepal Jyotish Parishada’ honored H.H. Dr. Charudatta Pingle, Shri. Gururaj Prabhu, Coordinator of HJS from Prayag (India) and Ms. Sanu Thapa, representative of SSRF from Hong Kong by offering them its ‘life-time’ membership.
‘Rashtreeya Dharmasabha, Nepal’ is HJS of Nepal ! – Dr. Madhav Bhattarai, President, Rashtreeya Dharmasabha, Nepal (RDN)
H.H. Dr. Charudatta Pingle, national Guide of HJS visited Dr. Madhav Bhattarai, the President of RDN by going to his home. Dr. Bhattarai said, “You treat RDN as HJS of Nepal and give us the guidance.”
Source: Dainik Sanatan Prabhat