10th Annual Hindu Mandir Executives’ Conference HMEC 2015
Call For Papers and Participation
Enhancing Hindu Community Through Mandirs
Register Online at: www.myhmec.com
The Program Committee invites you to participate in the 10th Hindu Mandir Executives’ Conference 2015 (HMEC 2015), Oct 2-4, 2015 in Port of Spain, Trinidad bringing together, sants, sanyasis, scholars and mandir members across North America and the Caribbean.
Conference Theme: Strengthening the Hindu Family.
Our ancestors advised:
Om samanee vah aakotih samaanaa hridayaani vah
samaanamastu vo mano yatha vah sushaasati
O Devotees, let your objects of life be the same, let your hearts and minds be united so that there may be an excellent common status of life for all (Sanghatan Sukta, Rig Veda)
The Hindu Family is the building block on which Dharma and community rest, so a strong family makes for sustainable dharma and community both locally and globally. HMEC 2015 will deliberate on the sustenance of Hindu Dharma in America and the Caribbean, exploring ways for keeping the mandir relevant to the ever-changing needs of our community.
The Hindu Family identity and sustenance of dharma are challenged by the dilution of traditions and the growing divide across generations. Strong families ensure a well organized, dharmic, productive and harmonious society. Success will depend on the extent to which successive generations in the diaspora remain anchored in our timeless traditions while embracing the changing times.
Determining the direction of change, adaptation and sustenance of dharma requires our collective efforts by our major stakeholders like mandirs, teachers, sants and sanyasis, scholars, activists, practicing and non-practicing Hindus. HMEC 2015 provides the platform for these deliberations, strategic planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
We invite proposals for papers, panel discussions and workshops and any other suggested formats that address the issues identified in the list below.
Proposed sessions, topics include but not limited to:
Temples: Nucleus of the Community
- Living as a Hindu: Hindu Life Style – Self Study, Yoga, Meditation
- Community Needs: One place to go for social needs
- Case Studies – success stories
Models of Engagement
- Caribbean experience: Keys to success & sustainability
- Integrating adhyatma with practical living
- Role of the Mother: Hindu Women’s Views on Family (Panel Discussion)
- Things we can do locally/individually: Things we can do globally/collectively
- Youth: Cultivating young Hindu Ambassadors
- Respect for systematic education on Rituals
- Metrics for success of temple operations: spiritual metrics, education programs
- Media: Using media effectively to educate & communicate
- Educating the Main Stream about Hindu Tradition and History
- Hindu Mandir Priest Conference May 2015
- Regional HMEC
Parallel Sessions and Workshops
- Education – Youth & Adults
- Temple Operations, Management & Administration
- Outreach to Surrounding Communities
Other ways to participate in HMEC 2014
- Poster Sessions
- Contribution of Articles and Abstracts to Mandir Vani (Conference Souvenir)
- Booths – Limited to Promotion (and sale) of Hindu and Temple Centric Material
The Conference will comprise of inspiring talks, academic presentations and discussions. We will have ample opportunity of networking with our peers from other Hindu Temples, develop long-lasting friendships and share common goals and aspirations for our future generations. There will be:
- Keynote Addresses
- Plenary Sessions
- Panel Discussions
- Poster Sessions
- Parallel Tracks: Seva and Outreach, Education, Temple Operations, Youth Programs, Arts & Culture
We come together from many walks of life, bringing with us varied experiences and points of view. It is this diversity that makes these conferences as successful as they have been.
You are invited to offer your experience and wisdom in one or more of the following areas, in the spirit of Yajna (for the benefit of all).
- A youth speaker
- A panelist
- A speaker
- A poster presenter
- A session chair
- An author
- A sponsor
- Workshop organizer
We come together as one family, to share and listen to each other’s stories, opinions and experiences. It is our hope that each of us would implement several new concepts from this conference in advancing the growth of our respective temples. If you would like to contribute in any of the above roles please contact:
We are confident that participating in this conference will be a rewarding experience for you and the local and global Hindu community. Thank you once again for your interest and we look forward to receiving your proposal/abstract by deadline date.
HMEC 2015 Program Committee