Belgaum (Karnataka) : Attempts are made to destroy Hindu Dharma and culture through the medium of different attacks; therefore, with the noble objective of establishment of Hindu Rashtra, Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) had organized Hindu ‘Dharmajagruti Sabha (sabha)’ at Dharmaveer Sambhaji Udyan, Mahadwar Road, Belgaum. The ‘sabha’ was attended by about 7000 devout Hindus. A resolve was made in the ‘sabha’ to establish Hindu Rashtra for protecting nation and Hindu Dharma from different attacks and problems faced by Hindus.
The ‘sabha’ was started with blowing conch followed with lighting of lamp by Pujya (Kum.) Swati Khadye of Sanatan Sanstha, Shri. Pramod Mutalik, the founder President of Sriram Sena, Shri.Ramakant Konduskar, the District –President of Sriram Sena for Belgaum and Shri. Manoj Khadye, the Coordinator of HJS for western Maharashtra. Shri. Chhatre Guruji and his group recited ‘Veda-mantras’ in praise of God. The dignitaries fluently expressed their views captivating and inspiring the participants. Dr. Hemant Chalke, acquitted in bomb blast case of 2008 at Gadkari Rangayatan Theatre and Shri. Dhananjay Ashtekar, acquitted in Margao blast case also expressed their views.
Dr. Chalke and Shri. Dhananjay Ashtekar narrated the bad experiences they had with police, government administration, politicians and media.
Pujya Shri. Murughrajendra Mahaswamiji, Shunya Sampadan Mutt, Gokak; besides Pujya Shri. Narayan Sharanaru, Shri. Ambamata Kutir, Vaderhatti, Gokak were felicitated by Shri. Yashawant Kanagalekar, a seeker of Sanatan Sanstha. Pro-Hindu advocate, Shri. Shyamsundar Pattar and advocate Shri. Pratap Yadav were felicitated for their contribution in protection of Dharma. Prabhuji Shrijiva Pundit Das, the ‘Prasarak’ of ISKCON was present on the occasion. The compeering of the ‘sabha’ and ‘thanks-giving’ was done by Kum.Priyanka Lone and Shri. Gajanan Keskar.
- Sanatan seekers Shri. Vinayak Patil and Shri. Dhananjya Ashtekar acquitted in Margao bomb blast case so also Dr. Hemant Chalke, acquitted in blast case of Gadkari Rangayatan Theatre, Thane were felicitated on this occasion.
- Warakari Mahasangh Belgaum took out ‘Dindi’ procession from Sri Kapileshwar Temple to the venue, stage of ‘sabha’ playing cymbals.
- The dignitaries reaching the venue were also welcomed with playing drums.
- Activists of Sriram Sena had put saffron flags all round the venue of ‘sabha’.
- There was a Cell at the entrance of the venue explaining importance of Indian culture which was manned by child-seekers and an equestrian statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj near the stage which were attracting attention of people.
On 12th January 2014, a review meeting will be held at Chhatre wada, Ansurkar Lane, Belgaum to decide further course of action for protection of Dharma and creating awareness amongst Hindus towards their Dharma. The meeting will be held at 4.00 p.m. and all were requested to attend.
Highlights : Police had fitted metal detectors at the venue and every devout Hindu attending the ‘sabha’ had to go through it before entry. The venue looked like a military camp due to presence of large number of police.