Raigad – ‘India’s bright history was distorted and presented before Indians by the British and after independence; the same history was carried forward. True history was suppressed by few persons from being known to all people. Let us fulfill the dream of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj of making India, a great nation,’ stated Shri. Narendra Modi, BJP’s candidate for the post of Prime Minister and Chief Minister of Gujarat. The conclusion ceremony of ‘Mahangad – Raigad Yatra’ organized by ‘Sree Shiva-pratishthan’ was held on 5th January in the presence of Shri. Modi. Pujya Sambhaji Bhide Guruji, the President of ‘Sree Shiva-pratishthan’ was also present on the occasion. Shri. Modi began his speech with acclamation of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for 3 times. Shri. Narendra Modi said further –
- The politics, socialism, following Dharma or good governance, all policies adopted by Chhatrapati Shivaraya 350 years ago, are guiding even today whether it be problem of famine or protection of boundaries of our country; but Shivaraya’s huge image has been depicted only as a warrior in history.
- Historians have described his ‘Surat mission’ as looting. It is distortion of history and grave insult of Shivaraya. In fact, Aurangzeb should have been called as a robber/ dacoit.
- There is not a single language in India in which Shivaraya’s greatness was not acknowledged. All people in this country, speaking different languages, have knowledge about Shivaraya. He was such a great king.
- I am thankful to Pujya. Sambhaji Bhide Guruji for inviting me here, he gave not an invitation but an order. I can never disobey his orders.
- I pay obeisance to this land of Shivaraya and pray for India being free of bad governance, let there be righteous governance in this country and let everyone get strength from this holy land ! My obeisance to Jijamata and thanks to (Pujya) Bhide guruji !
Pu. Bhide Guruji narrated the specialities and qualities of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
He said, “Narendra Modi should consider invitation for this program as engagement and true marriage is forthcoming.” He was speaking about the forthcoming Parliamentary elections. Guruji said further …..
‘The main purpose behind inviting Narendra Modi as the chief guest on Raigad was as Shivaji Maharaj established Hindvi Swaraj; Narendra Modi should keep Maharaj as his ideal; besides he should get blessings of Bhavani Mata and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj protected Bharatmata; Narendra Modi should follow the same path. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was the ‘chhatra (umbrella)’ of Bharatmata; therefore, he became ‘Chhatrapati’. He was the protective shield of Bharatmata; in fact, the purpose of his birth was to protect Bharatmata. Narendra Modi should work following the steps of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.’ Pu. Sambhaji Bhide said, “We see Srikrushna and Sriram in you. You should undertake similar mission as they did.” While explaining the drive of visiting forts, he said that the main objective of undertaking the drive was to create awareness amongst youth towards Hindvi Swaraj and to inspire them.
- All ‘Dharakaris’ climbing the fort since morning were singing ballads; therefore, they were energetic even after reaching the fort.
- BJP’s regional President Phadanavis, Vinod Tawade, Anand Geete etc. attended the program.
- Narendra Modi visited ‘Meghdambari’ of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and prostrated before the ‘Samadhi’ of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.