President of Patriots Forum, D.C. Nath was superannuated in January, 1995, as the Special Director, Intelligence Bureau, D.C. Nath (IPS-1960) was associated with the International Institute of Security and Safety Management (IISSM), headquartered in New Delhi, for over 14 years, first as the Executive President & CEO and then as the President & Director General, between February, 1997 and March, 2011. The author of a highly acclaimed book, Intelligence Imperatives for India, Mr. Nath earned high plaudits from all around for two of his very significant presentations on: “Revisiting the Future of India” (2005, London) and “Lessons from India for the War On Terrorism” (2007, USA). He is the only one in the field, combining the experiences of a police officer with specialization in intelligence and strategic analysis and an industrial security expert par excellence. More Bio on D. C. Nath…
January 16, 2015
Subject: Further To “France Attacked”
The attack on Charlie Hebdo has now galvanised the world in many ways. We have, in our humble way, tried to put forth what we had learnt on the event and, then, also shared with you a spirited response from a friend.
Today, we bring to your notice another highly informative response to the same from a senior friend of yore. Let us read that straightaway:
15 January 2015 at 19:39
Re: Response to “France Attacks”
1. USA is said to be a melting pot. But we know that there are certain materials that do not melt even at fairly high temperature, and so remain unmixed with the rest.
2. Liberal UK tried its best to integrate its immigrants but succeeded only partly; it largely failed, at least so far as the Muslim immigrants are concerned.The same with France. Let’s see what happens in Germany.
3. The liberal values of the western democracies are on test. The same seems to be the portents in Turkey.
4. I saw plenty of zealots and preachers in USA and Canada whose mission is to convert as many people as possible to ‘the true faith’. (Other faiths by implication are ‘false’.) If you can convert the USA you will easily rule the world, that’s their dream.
5. Will USA be an exception? History will tell. The scenario will be clear in a decade or even earlier.
6. Unless Islam reforms itself from within, allows questioning, tolerates others’ views, marches with the times, sectarian strifes among its own flock, and its conflicts with other religions will continue.
Ramesh C. Chanda
Friends, those points appearing more important to us have been highlighted. As it will be seen, emphasis has again been given on the need for Islam reforming itself from within. Though learned scholars virtually pooh-pooh the idea, we may have to leave it to the womb of the future. The gestation period? Your guess is better than ours.
(Former Spl. Director, IB)
(President, Patriots’ Forum)
Source: Patriot Forum
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article /news /published content are the personal opinions of the submitting author / organization. World Hindu News is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article /news/published content. All information received is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article / news /published content do not reflect the views of World Hindu News and World Hindu News does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.